The Read & Write Toolbar is available for home use. Free!
In Prestwick Academy, we use a software tool called Read&Write from Texthelp to support our learners with literacy. We’re pleased to say that this is now available for home use on any device your child uses.
This means that the software they use in class and for assessments in school can now also be used at home for homework and study.
Read&Write is a piece of software that works as a “toolbar” in conjunction with familiar tools such as Word, Google Docs and web browsers. It offers a range of powerful support tools to help students gain confidence with reading, writing, studying and research:
- Text-to-speech to hear words, passages, or whole documents read aloud with easy-to follow dual colour highlighting
- Dictionary definitions and pictures to identify the meaning of words
- With speech-to-text, dictate words to assist with writing, proofreading & studying
- Word prediction to offer suggestions for the current or next word to build writing skills
- Collection of highlights from text in documents, from a web page or PDF for summarising and research to help revision
- Pupils can receive voice notes in their documents to get teacher feedback on work – helping them improve their work faster
- Simplify text on web pages to remove ads and other items that can be distracting
Parent & Carer Guide
A PDF guide for home use.
Installation at Home
A PDF guide for home installation.